Monday, April 20, 2020

reconnecting for the home stretch of spring semester

Hi!

I hope this finds you and your family doing well. By popular demand, we continued to meet last week over Spring Break (as one student put it, "Break from what?") and I've been glad to see many of you continue to update your blogs.

If you haven't joined/watched our meetings, or you need to catch up, here is where we are:

  • In Fahrenheit 451 we are on p. 132 (in my printed copy), about 20 pp. from the end, at the point where Montag escapes into the country and approaches men sitting around a fire
  • We will finish reading this week, at which point we will analyze the essay I posted, and you will write your own
  • Then we will create an endgame for the semester that includes your Big Questions, my ideas/offerings, and a final essay that we will create together
  • In collaboration with students, I created a grading policy for our course that aligns with the school district's policy and addresses questions and concerns that students raised
  • I have worked with individual students to edit and guide their practice writing samples
I hope you will join us for the 1:00 Zoom meeting today (which you can access by clicking HERE).

As always, please feel free to email me or comment to this post if you need anything.

Onward!
Dr. Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...