Monday, March 16, 2020

march 17

JOURNAL TOPIC:
Every once in a while, often during moments of extreme stress, ordinary people do extraordinary things. (You've probably heard of stories where a mother lifts a car off of a child, for example. This is a real thing-- it's called "hysterical strength" and there are lots of cases.) What makes this possible? Can you apply this idea over the next few weeks to achieve your academic goals for the semester?

AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Introduction: Fahrenheit 451





NOTE 1: I will post an introduction to the book online by 10:00 P.M. on Tuesday, March 17.  Cam, this may be the moment you get your wish, because I'm thinking about doing this as a podcast.

NOTE 2: Your Gatsby essay should now be published on your blog. If it's not there yet, please see to it.


NOTE 3: I will host an online meeting on Fridays from 1:00-2:00 P.M.  I have most of your emails, but it would help to have a reminder so that I don't leave anyone out.  If you are able and willing to participate, please email dpreston.learning@gmail.com -- all you have to write is "RSVP" in the subject header and I will send an invitation.  If there is a better time for you, please let me know about that too.


POST: [Do this after you review the introduction to Fahrenheit 451.] When is it wrong to break the law?  When is it right?  (title: BREAKING THE LAW)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...