Saturday, March 21, 2020

first video conference

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday (Friday) was a great learning experience!  Here's what I learned:
  • Zoom is the platform that will most effectively meet our needs for now
  • If I'm not careful, Zoom will open more than one meeting, which is why I was in one and students were in another
  • It's easy to convert the video capture from the meeting
  • It's also easy to erase the video capture from the meeting without meaning to...
Here is how I will apply what I learned:
  • Today I'm going to re-host our original meeting as planned at 1:00.  Hope you can join!  To make things simple, I am pasting the invitation into this post (please see below, then copy/paste the highlighted URL into your internet browser)
  • Next week we will meet each day at noon.  As we get into a routine, I will also post guiding questions and ideas for you on the course blog, along with tips for your Big Questions.  Please comment to this post or email with any questions.

See you at 1:00!
_____
David Preston is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Dr. Preston's English Courses
Time: Mar 21, 2020 01:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/305419113

Meeting ID: 305 419 113

One tap mobile
,,305419113# US Toll

Dial by your location
         US Toll
       
Meeting ID: 305 419 113
Find your local number: https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fCIf3mk6J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...