Thursday, December 5, 2019

...and we all make mistakes...

Just after I wrote and published that last post, at the beginning of Period 2 I asked Flor if she was ready for her interview.  Her eyes got wide and she said, "I'm going tomorrow."  I was surprised, so I double-checked today's post, and her name was up under "TODAY'S INTERVIEWS."



You know how this moment usually goes.  When a teacher and a student remember something differently, especially when it's an issue relating to an assignment or a due date, the teacher usually wins-- whether it's fair or not. 

But I don't work that way, so I looked back at the original calendar post:


The last thing to check was the comment section for that post, to see if Flor was one of those wonderful people who commented and selected her date.  Guess what I found:





Flor DID select December 6 in the first place!  I entered the date incorrectly in the calendar.

There are a few lessons to be learned here: 1) We really can treat confusion and/or disagreement as an opportunity to search for the truth; 2) Taking the opportunity to post and comment is a way to make your ideas known for the record; and 3) Our learning community is a place where trust, reason, and facts matter more than taking sides.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...