Thursday, November 14, 2019

november 14

JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "One" by Three Dog Night; "It Takes Two" by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock]

According to the Wikipedia entry on numerology, the word refers to a "belief in the divine or mystical relationship between a number and one or more coinciding events."  Pythagoras (the right triangle guy) believed in connections between numbers, the letters in our names, the movements of the planets, and music.  Some people just point out connections and say, "Whoa!"  Do you think numbers have any special significance outside of measurement?  Do you have a favorite number?   Why or why not?  (Full disclosure: My favorite number is 3.  It was my grandmother's favorite number-- I don't know why-- so I adopted it.  After I adopted it, of course, I found all sorts of cool things about it in geometry, sayings like "good things and sneezes come in threes," and other stuff.)

AGENDA:
1. Journal/ Collect cover letters
2. Thursday of Threes
  • Publish three posts to your blog (*these can be makeup posts, or, if you are that superstar who has posted everything for this semester, you can get creative)
  • This, plus your essay and your letter, give me three artifacts of yours to grade before I get your journals tomorrow
AND:
Please make sure your journal is up to date and ready to turn in tomorrow (Friday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...