Thursday, November 14, 2019

another one

We're swimming in uncharted waters.  On one hand, I don't want you to have to focus on news that is negative or stressful when you have so many important things to think about.  I want to contribute to your well-being and I'm troubled about sharing this.

On the other hand: a) It's not like most of you haven't already heard; b) I can't see any point to burying our heads in the sand and acting like we don't have a massive crisis on our hands; and c) It is up to us to make ourselves safer and more secure. 

About that last point.  I want to continue living (I could stop the sentence right there) in a community of caring people who recognize signs of distress and/or danger.  We can't depend on politicians or Second Amendment nutjobs (yes, I wrote it) to protect us.  Protests are important, and I am proud of the student activists I know -- but protests by themselves are not enough.  After Parkland, Saugus High School students walked out too.

If you ever find yourself or someone else dealing with issues you can't control, or if you have any cause for concern about your safety or ours, let's have the conversation.  Life's too short already.

News coverage about today's events here.


4 comments:

  1. No one is can really go to school, the store, the park without the fear of someone having possession of a gun. I don’t know why humans have the ability to take hold of these weapons and use them for evil. Two lives were lost because of this incident and many will always have the memory of this occurring in the back of their head forever. This is the 30th school shooting this year and knowing today’s society it won’t remain the 30th sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a world wonders, this is hands down really sad on how society is handled.It should be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This puts fear into other thinking oh will i be next no one wants to go to school thinking this will happen to them something needs to be done

    ReplyDelete
  4. all tho theirs all these shooting its not all people with guns that do the school shooting and all the other its mostly people who are kind of messed up in a since and lose control and cant control it one it gets to late so we should just be more care of who were selling the guns to as of medical record

    ReplyDelete

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...