Tuesday, May 5, 2020

may 5 w online meeting #32

For our MOM: [Close your eyes. Feel your feet connect with the floor. Feel your fingertips touching your knees, or each other. Breathe. Watch your thinking. That's it. Give it some time. When you're ready, open your eyes.]

JOURNAL TOPIC:
What is the history of Cinco de Mayo?  (If you don't know, look it up.) Why do Americans celebrate it?  Does the history or the culture matter, or is it just another excuse for companies to sell stuff and people to party?

-OR-

You can use your journal simply to write about life and your experiences in these unusual, challenging times.

AGENDA:
1. MOM
2. Journal
3. Yesterday's zoom'ers suggested that we read one more book this semester (I swear! It wasn't my idea! BUT I LOVED IT!) so I put up a poll with some titles to choose from and an invitation to suggest your own. During the call today we compared notes on what we know about these books, and I realized I forgot a classic: Catch-22. I'm not sure how far we'll get in the time we have remaining, but please have a look and see what you might like. Also, a pro tip: you can find full texts of many books for free at Google Books.

POST:
(Reminder. Please make sure to post your Fahrenheit 451 essay if it's not on your blog yet. Better late than never.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...