Friday, May 22, 2020

may 22 w online meeting #43

 For our MOM: [Close your eyes. Feel your feet on the floor. Remember that the past is past, the future hasn't happened yet, and the only thing that matters right now is this moment. Give yourself the gift of the full 60 seconds.]

JOURNAL TOPIC:
Describe the ultimate sandwich. Type of bread? Ingredients? Condiments? Make us drool.

(Full disclosure: if I'm buying the ultimate sandwich, I'm heading for a French Dip at Phillippe's in LA, or a Godmother at Bay Cities in Santa Monica, or a pastrami at The Refuge in San Carlos, or a Reuben at Brent's Deli in Northridge, or a gator po' boy at the New Orleans Jazz Festival; if I'm making my own, it's the one my kids call the "World's Greatest" -- King's Hawaiian rolls smeared with pesto, then salami, turkey, & provolone. I've never published that before. You're welcome.)

-OR-

You can use your journal simply to write about life and your experiences in these unusual, challenging times.

AGENDA:
1. MOM
2. Journal
3. Meeting
4. Post

POST:
Today on Zoom we decided to celebrate together for the rest of the semester.  This will take the form of bringing short stories and poems to our meetings, so that we can trade ideas and authors and learn from each other. In today's post, make a list of the top three poems, short stories, books, and/or plays you've ever read. (title: MY TOP THREE)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...