Friday, May 8, 2020

final grading

Final grades for this course will be entered on Aeries by 4:00 P.M. PDT on June 4, 2020.

Per my earlier post on this subject, students who are participating at this point -- on the zoom calls and/or by posting work on blogs -- are guaranteed a grade of A or B in this course. Students who are not participating will receive a grade based on the last progress reports from when school was open.

Based on what I have learned from the CSU and UC systems, and what I learned from SMJUHSD in this morning's English Department meeting, here is a summary of how I will account for your final grades on your Spring Semester report card. If you have any questions about your final grade, or if you want to share a preference that is different from what you read here, please email me at dpreston.learning@gmail.com.
  • If you have earned a grade of A or B, either by virtue of your current work or by virtue of your performance up to the point that campus was closed, I will enter that as your final grade when the reporting window opens.
  • If you earned a grade of C or D up to the point that campus closed, I will enter "Credit" for your final grade. If you earned a grade of F up to the point that campus closed, I will enter "No Credit" for your final grade.

NOTE: If you earned a grade of C, D, or F up to the point that campus closed, and you haven't participated since campus closed, and you're not trapped under something heavy, I have no idea what you're thinking -- this is the easiest A or B you could ever ask for, do some work and come and get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...