Monday, February 24, 2020

benefits of meditation

I understand how different our course feels compared to what many of you experience during the rest of your day.  This is why, sometimes, I think it is important for you to see research and the experiences other students have around the country.  A couple days ago, The Washington Post ran an article about different meditation practices in classrooms around the country and the resulting positive effects.  The article is behind a paywall, though, so I am including THIS ONE from a few years ago so you can get a sense of why we do one of the things we do, from a source other than me.  (In terms of ethos, you should know that both the Post and Forbes are high-quality publications produced big audiences of successful people who want the latest/best information-- they are not for an especially "touchy/feely" crowd.) Enjoy. -dp

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...