Tuesday, September 3, 2019

request for input

Hi all, I have a confession to make.  I'm not that excited about today's agenda.  The concept is hugely important, and Orwell's essay is one of the best on the subject, but...

I don't know.  Maybe it's just the feeling of coming back from a long weekend.

The other big thing on my mind is fair use on the internet and the idea of the remix.  (You can see an old post with the videos I use to teach the idea HERE.)  These concepts are also extremely important for us, because they give us new ways to learn and share what we know.  Understanding fair use also helps us establish ourselves as knowledgeable digital citizens (translated: no one on the internet who sees your respect for legally protected original content will think of you as a lying, cheating, stealing douche bag, which means they will be less likely to sue you, charge you with a crime, or sabotage your good name on social media).

I'm leaning toward hijacking my own agenda, starting the week with this, and then using it to remix Orwell's essay.  Please let me know what you think in class, or comment to this post.

1 comment:

  1. I am kind of glad you changed the agenda for today, the videos were interesting, especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...