Tuesday, September 17, 2019

because vocab II

Huh.

I was thinking about strategies for remembering this material for Friday's test.   My first idea won't work. Our Lit Terms make a horrible acrostic puzzle.  Look:

Alliteration
Allusion
Anthropomorphism
Characterization
Connotation
Denotation
Diction
Myth
Personification
Symbolism
Theme
Tone
I mean... AAACCDDMPSTT?  What is that

Then I remembered there is an easier way to do this.  Create a mnemonic device out of the first letter in each word.  Look:
Amusing
Aunt
Antihero
Clever
Cheese
Dumb and
Dumber
Meerkat
Plain
Stupid
Toy
Train
You'll need to know these twelve terms and their definitions on Friday, when you will be asked to respond to this prompt: "Please list and define the twelve literature terms we have studied so far."

Please comment to this post if this study strategy helps you-- or, even better, please comment if you invent a strategy that helps you more!

1 comment:

  1. This strategy has helped me but my stradegy is that I remember words from my favorite movies that use those words often.
    Or I just reread them over and over again

    ReplyDelete

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...