Tuesday, August 20, 2019

thinking about class in real time

I just watched period 2 students leave and I'm thinking about something Pablo said.  After going through the blogs on the screen, and finding (too) few comments about the reading, the class suggested I speak to the main points of "The Right to Your Opinion."  So I did.  But toward the end of class, Pablo was whispering to a friend and I got curious.  He did me the favor of telling me what was on his mind-- and what was on his mind was that he was bored.  I suppose there are a lot of possible reasons for this, and I don't take it personally.  In fact, I thanked Pablo in person and I'm thanking him here.  And I have a suggestion: to avoid spending time on in-class lectures and covering material you already know, please do the readings on schedule and post responses to your blog so that I know what you need, and what you don't.  Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...