Thursday, August 15, 2019

august 15

JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: Fela Kuti's "Teacher Don't Teach Me No Nonsense"]

What qualities of a book make you interested to read it?

AGENDA:
1. Journal
* A word about blog features

2. The Right to Your Opinion (intro/ post a response on your blog)
3. "Richard Cory" LIVE: shift, voice, theme, genre
5. Plan on reading

HW:
1. For Monday: "The Socratic Method" & "The Right to Your Opinion" & "Richard Cory"
2. Blog posts: Welcome message and responses to readings
  • Title: SOCRATIC METHOD
  • Title: THE RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION
(UPDATE: Your response to the reading is up to you.  I just want to know you read each text enough to form a first impression, ask a question, express an opinion, and post to your blog.  I will use what I see on your blogs to launch our classroom conversations on Monday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...