Monday, July 22, 2019

member blogs

See the Member Blogs page tab just below the title image?  That is where we will maintain a directory of everyone's blog.  If you're already familiar with social media and blogging, and you feeling comfortable diving in (meaning you already curate online and you are confident in using and understanding a platform, including security/privacy), go ahead.  You can use Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr, InstaGram or whatever platform you think will most effectively help you tell your learning story.  If you're new to this, or you need help, or you're reluctant, you're not alone.  Let's talk.  You can ask me anything about this in class when we get back to school, or if you don't want to live in suspense until then you can email me at dpreston.learning@gmail.com.

[*Every once in a while, an Open-Source Learning Network member asks me: "Why do you say 'members' and not 'students'?  Because the choice to become an Open-Source Learning Network is democratic.  On the first day of school, you will determine how this course will run.  It will not be like any other first-day-of-school conversation you've ever had, unless you've learned with me before.  If I forget, please remind me to explain "have to" v. "get to."]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST POST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR/ june 3 w online meeting #50

What a year. As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank you. Thank you for your effort, your insig...